When it’s your doll’s birthday a Barbie cake is a must. Barbie doll cake designs are very popular amongst girls and are a hot selling cake for bakers. Generally, small girls are fond of dolls especially Barbie dolls. If your princess is also a die-hard fan of Barbie doll then you can surprise her with a Barbie cake.
Barbie cake can be prepared in any design and in any flavor. It can also be customized in any color or shape. Barbie cake recipes are simple and easy to make. Barbie dolls come in seven skin tones and 24 hairstyles like braids, curly hair, Bob hair, frizzy hair and many more. They are also available with different accessories.
Decorating And Shaping The Barbie Cake
- 4 to 5 layers of a sponge cake will be needed to make the dress of Barbie.
- The skirt can be designed by shaping the cake round. The skirt must be in a dome shape.
- Take a circle cutter and make a hole in the center of the cake so that you can place your Barbie. It should go through all the layers of the cake.
- Now put some icing on it and flip the cake on the cake board.
- Take an icing cone and apply mega icing on the layer and put the next layer of the cake on top of it.
- Do the same with the other layers too. Cut the center of the cake and apply the icing on the top. Repeat this technique for all the 4 layers.
- For the 5th layer, we will take a 5-inch circle cutter and cut the cake. And place it on the top.
- Now we have to give our Barbie dress a shape. Shave the cake from the corners so that you give a bell shape to the dress. It should look like a proper bell.
- Take a star-shaped icing tip. It’s the best tip for icing a Barbie dress. It gives a consistent look of the design on the cake.
- Spread the icing evenly
- Now press icing on the cake with the help of a scraper. It will help you to take out extra icing on the cake.
- Take a spatula and create a wavy look on the Barbie dress as if she is dancing.
- Finally, take a Star tip and take any color icing of your choice and make flowers on the whole dress of the Barbie. Your Barbie is ready for the birthday party.
Your girl will surely love her birthday cake. And especially when you make it. Many Disney princesses can inspire the design of it. Ariel, Daisy, Jasmine, and Cinderella are some of the princesses whose patterns are used to decorate the cake. These cakes are easily available in the market but are very expensive. With some baking and icing skills, they can be easily made at home. The Barbie cakes are the center of attraction of any birthday party.