The cake is an essential ingredient of any occasion. It makes the occasion more glamorous. Earlier people made simple cakes. With the passage of time more elaborated and decorated cakes came into being. Cake decoration is an art. It needs the expertise to decorate. There is some easy cake decorating ideas. These easy cake decorating ideas can help any beginner to decorate the cake splendidly.
Ingredients Used For Decorating The Cake
Cake decorating is an art. Institutes have designed elaborative courses to teach learners the art of decorating the cake. It is a sugar art. It uses icing or frosting to decorate the cake. People also use edible decorative elements to design plain cake. One can use fondant, royal icing, marzipan, gum paste, modeling chocolate, etc. for decoration.
Techniques Of Decorating The Cake
You require various techniques to decorate the cake. All the cake decorating ingredients are made of different elements. Starting with a simple icing, it needs to be evenly spread all around the cake. If the spatula which is used to spread the icing is not used cautiously this can ruin your whole cake. For glazing the cake, the correct proportion of ingredients i.e. gelatin, sugar, and water must be used to give that bright shine on the cake. People use beautiful flowers to decorate the cake. You can make them either by using a piping bag or a fondant. You can imprint the designs on the cake by using an embossing mat. Beautiful sugar is made using sugar. These ingredients require skill to make.
Types Of Decoration
- Fondant- Fondant is a sugar paste or an icing sheet. You need to prepare it properly and in different colors. Fondant once prepared, you can mold it into any artistic expression. One can learn molding expressions in a cake decorating class. You can use fondants for covering cake as well as making beautiful designs.
- Royal Icing- People prepare it by using egg whites with icing sugar. It gives well-designed edges to small elements on the cake. You can use icing for piping intricate writing as well as making beautiful borders on the cake. You can store it for a few days in a cold and dry place.
- Marzipan- It is a type of fondant that you can use to cover the cake or modeling cake decorations.
- Gum Paste- You can use it for making flowers or molded designs. It is an edible and brittle material that dries quickly.
- Modeling Chocolate- Chefs make it by combining corn syrup or glucose syrup with melted chocolate. They mold this chocolate into many shapes and figures. You can make it from any type of chocolate.
- Edible ink printing- these are edible inks. People use it for printing texts or coloring any element of the cake. You can easily apply it by using a simple paintbrush.
There are endless techniques and methods for decorating the cake. The decorating pieces make the cake beautiful and lavish. From flowers to pictures, texts to imprints anything can be used to make the cake beautiful.