Sponge cake is a basic cake made with flour, eggs, sugar, and butter. The cake is sweet food that arouses the appetite of everyone. Earlier cakes were modifications of bread. But in today’s time, it can be simple yet elaborate with beautiful decorations and a variety of methods of preparation. Cakes can be presented in different forms like pies, tarts, pastries, puddings, etc. Anyone can try at home these easy and simple sponge cake recipes.
Eggless Sponge Cake
- All-purpose flour 200gm
- Powdered sugar 150 gm.
- Curd 180 gm.
- Oil 40gm.
- Milk 60gm.
- Baking powder 1tbsp.
- Baking soda 1tbsp.
- Vanilla essence 1/4 tbsp.
- Salt for baking 1.5 cup
- Take a bowl to add curd, flour, powder sugar, and oil whisk all the ingredients still smooth.
- Gradually add milk in small proportions and keep beating the mixture.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, vanilla essence and beat the mixture to a thick consistency
- Take a tin and grease it from all sides. Gradually pour the batter in the tin. Tap 2-3times so that the cake mix sets evenly.
- Take pressure cookers and add salt in it and spread it evenly. Heat it for 5 minutes on high flame.
- After 5 minutes place the cake tin inside the cooker.
- Close the lid without the whistle and gasket.
- Reduce the flame to low medium and let it cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes remove the lid. And check the cake by piercing a toothpick in the middle. It should come out clean. The eggless sponge cake is ready to be served.
Butter Sponge Cake
- 3 eggs
- 5tbsp butter
- 8tbsp milk
- 12tbsp sugar (4+8)
- 12tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- Cream of tartar 1/2tsp
- Separate the egg white and the yolk.
- Now heat the butter and add milk at low flame.
- Beat the egg yolks till fluffy.
- Add the melted butter and milk to the yolk mix.
- Add 4tbsp of sugar and beat the egg and mix again.
- Now take all-purpose flour and add it to the above egg mixture. And keep stirring. Now add salt.
Method For Making Cream Mixture
- Take the egg whites; add cream of tartar and 8tbsp sugar. Beat the mixture till it doubles in quantity and becomes creamy.
- Now sieve the yolk mixture for an extra smooth batter in a glass bowl.
- Add the egg white creamy mixture to the above batter.
- Mix both in a cut and fold method. By folding the whites into the yolk batter.
- Take butter paper and place it in the cake tin. Pour the batter and tap it twice so that it sits evenly.
- Take a pan and add boiling water in it and place it under the cake tin in the oven.
- Bake the cake at 130℃ for 40 min.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Take out the cake from the tin. And sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.