Origin of Black Forest Cake
The origin of the Black Forest Cake goes back to 1927, and the original recipe is attributed to the pastry chef Erwin Huldenberg, although there is also a controversy about it since it was believed that its creator had been Joseph Keller, a German confectioner. What we undoubtedly know is that this cake is originally from the southern part of Germany, the state of Baden-Württemberg, where they also set the rules for making this cake, for example, the cake must contain at least 3% chocolate and the First layer should be covered by sour cherries.
Despite what many believe, the Black Forest Cake does not get its name in honor of this region of Germany, but for a liqueur produced here, known as Schwarzwälder Kirsch and which is distilled from cherries. Just as cherries give a special and unique touch to this cake, it is also given to this cake.
General Cooking Principles
The cakes for the “Black Forest” are always preparing the chocolate. In the classic recipe, they are baked one at a time, but more and more often a simplified method can be found. It makes a general cake, then it is cut with horizontal plates, usually three of them. You can do more, but not less. Cakes of cream, cheese or any other similar cream.
In the classic Black Forest Cake, in addition to the cream, cherry is used for the filling. Canned or fresh berries can be used, but they require a pre-treatment, usually for cooking or evaporating the syrup. Sugar, liquor or brandy can be added to the filling. The same ingredients are present in the impregnation. Decorate the cake with glaze, or simply sprinkle with chocolate chips after pre-coating with cream.
Classic Black Forest Cake With Cheese And Cherry
Delicate layer complements perfectly rich chocolate cakes.
- 0.18 kg of white sifted flour;
- 100 ml of boiling water;
- 220 g of sugar (brown cane is better);
- 20 g of cocoa;
- 50 g of oil;
- 160 g of sour cream fat;
- 1 egg;
- 1 tsp. soda
- 0.25 kg of cheese;
- 0.1 liters of cream (fat to beat);
- 60 g of powder.
- 50 g of high-quality chocolate;
- 100 ml of cream (take at least 30%);
- The spoon of butter.
You will also need cherries canned with juice (berries of approximately 250 g), a little starch, a spoonful of liquor for impregnation.
1. The cake is baked in three forms, but of small diameter, it is enough of 18 to 20 cm. Immediately lubricate and turn on the oven 180 degrees.
2. First, combine all the ingredients in bulk for dark cakes: cocoa, flour, soda, salt. Then, the parts add the eggs, the sour cream, introduce softened butter (but it can also melt it). Stir the last moment in boiling water. Pour it in a thin stream and quickly stir the dough until smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 3 parts, place it in shape, line up and send bake. Cook until the chopsticks dry. Since the cakes are fine, it will take a little time, on average 10-13 minutes. Cool the base.
4. Beat the cream. Pour some powder into a spoon, then combine this dough with cheese mash.
1. In the cherries, we remove the stones, put them in a saucepan, add starch and 1 tablespoon of syrup or just water. Heating in a fire, fresh.
2 In 100 ml of cherry syrup or compote, we split a spoonful of liquor or brandy. We use as a water base with sugar.
3. Put “Black Forest”. Soak the pies soaked with syrup, you do not need much water. Lubricate half of the cream cheese, distribute half of the cherry. Repeat Press the last cake and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4 For half an hour you have to cook the ganache. We mix all the components, we heat them in a water bath.
5. We received a cake that had to “grab” a little and strengthen us. Fat mass of chocolate. The “Black Forest Cake” comes with fresh or canned cherries.