Cheesecake is a cheese lover’s paradise. Cheese on a cake is an unusual but a hit combination. Cheesecake is creamy, smooth with a rich taste and texture. It is made up of thick layers of cheese, eggs, and sugar. The bottom layer is made up of different items like cookies, pastries and sometimes even sponge cake.
Classic Cheesecake Recipe
Ingredients for the bottom crust
- Digestive biscuits 300 grams
- Melted butter half-cup (130gm)
- Honey 1 tbsp.
- Crush the biscuits until crumbs are formed.
- Add melted butter and honey and mix evenly until moist.
- Now Grease a tin evenly from all the sides and pour the mixture.
- Set the mixture in the tin, with the back of a spoon.
- Keep pressing it, till a one-inch base is formed.
- Refrigerate until the filling is being prepared.
Ingredients for the filling:-
- Cream cheese 300gm
- Sugar 200 grams
- Chilled whipped cream 180 ml
- 4 eggs
- Plain yogurt 60 ml
- lemon zest 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla paste 1 teaspoon
- Cornstarch 1 tablespoon
Method of preparation:-
- Take a glass bowl, add cream cheese and sugar. Blend both until smooth.
- Now add whipped cream and mix it until it turns creamy.
- Add eggs one by one and blend the mixture well.
- Now add plain yogurt, lemon zest, and Vanilla paste.
- Sieve the cornstarch and then add it to the mixture.
- Do not overbeat the mixture. Just mix all the things until combined together.
- Now put the batter over the refrigerated crust.
- Take a pan, pour boiling water in it and place it under the cake in the oven.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 160℃ for 45 minutes.
After the given time slightly open the door and turn off the oven. Leave the cake to cool down completely for 40 minutes in the oven itself. For a better taste, cover the cake with a plastic sheet and refrigerate it overnight. You can now serve the Creamy classic Cheese Cake.
Variations Of Classic Cheesecake
We all love a classic cheesecake. There are also many variations of the same recipe. Every chef has given the classic recipe his own twist. One of the cheesecake recipes includes almond crust and lavender cheesecake it is called lavender cheesecake with almond crust. Other recipe includes banana as the main ingredient. It is called banana pudding cheesecake. You can also flavor cheesecake with chocolate. It is called chocolate truffle cheesecake. People also use Pecan to change the classic cheesecake recipe.
We all love cakes. Just by looking at it, it arouses the appetite. All age groups like cheesecake because it is so smooth and rich in texture. It can make any bad day happy. You can relish it at any time of the day. They go great with a cup of black coffee. Different people in different countries prepare this cake differently. However, whatever be the variation, this cake is enjoyed globally.