An anniversary is a day on which we celebrate a past event that took place on the same day of the year in the previous year. For example, a school was inaugurated; one year later on the same day, the school would celebrate its first anniversary. We need reasons to celebrate and celebrations without cake are not complete. Normally the anniversary that we often celebrated is birthday anniversary or wedding anniversaries. Birthday and wedding anniversaries without cake is incomplete. So let’s discuss the wedding anniversary cakes. Wedding anniversary cakes are meant to be beautiful and appealing. There are lots of wedding anniversary cakes designs like locked for life, heart shape anniversary cake, etc. The most popular wedding anniversary cake is the Red velvet cake. It is named as Red velvet because Red is the color of Love and wedding anniversaries are time to celebrate the love between couples and togetherness.
Red Velvet Cake
- 3 cups multipurpose flour
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter in cubes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1-2 tablespoon red food color
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2-8 ounce pkg. cream cheese room temperature and softened
- 12 tablespoon butter3/4 cup melted
- 4 ½ granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by preheating oven to 350 degrees. Blend together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the butter with flour mixture. Continue till it starts to look like coarse crumbs
- Mix together eggs, buttermilk, oil, red food color, and vanilla.
- Add buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and beat.
- With the help of spatula scrape the sides of the bowl
- Put it in two 9 inches greased pans and pat top smoothly with a spatula
- Bake for 16-22 minutes. Once bakes, keep it for cooling. Take a knife and run around the edge of the pan and flip over. Decorate with cream cheese icing.
Method to make the icing
- Mix together cream cheese and butter for 3-5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add granulated sugar and mix.
- Add vanilla extract to icing and combine properly.
- Spread over red velvet cake.
- The cake is ready for the occasion.
Variation In Design
- Birthday anniversaries– Birthday anniversary cake can be made with different types of decoration depending upon the person for whom the cake is being made. For instance, we are baking a cake for a 4-year-old boy who is fond of cars. A car theme can be made using the fondant.
- Inauguration anniversary cake– Baking a cake for someone who is celebrating their inauguration anniversary of some school or institution. Logo and school slogan can be made on that cake.
- Wedding anniversary cake- this cake is decorated elaborately. Couples celebrating their wedding anniversary opt for a cake with bright decorations and a number of years together written on it.
Cakes can make any anniversary special. People eagerly wait to see the cake design. Therefore, make the cake special and your day with it.