Slice of a nice vanilla cake is one of the best desserts one can have in life. Once you have eaten a good vanilla cake you will definitely forget that there are other options available. It is universally loved cake flavor. There are many varieties of vanilla cakes like vanilla dream cake, vanilla butter cake, vanilla sponge cake. For birthdays or any other ceremonies, having a good vanilla cake recipe is the best option. The vanilla cakes are moist and spongy. These cakes can be topped with different frostings and whipped creams. The recipes are simple and the ingredients are easily available. The most popular vanilla cake recipe is the vanilla raspberry cake.
Vanilla Raspberry Cake
Three layers of vanilla raspberry cake are moist and fluffy filled with raspberry buttercream. Sweet raspberry jam filling in middle and topped with fresh raspberries. The Pink and white color of the cake is a treat for the eyes.
- 3 eggs
- 140 g unsalted butter
- 240g sugar
- 240g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 180 g full-fat Pungent cream
- 50 g whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160’C. Grease two cake tins.
- Now add flour, Baking Powder and salt. Mix evenly and set aside.
- Now take cream, whole milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a mixer beat the butter and sugar until it’s yellow and fluffy.
- Turn the hand mixer to medium-low speed and mix one egg at a time.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients alternately with one another.
- Evenly divide the batter into 2 tins and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Once done let it cool for 10-15 minutes on a wire
- 450g Frozen raspberries
- 120g powdered sugar
Method for raspberry jam
- Take frozen raspberries and cook them with sugar at medium flame until it starts to boil. Turn the heat down and let it simmer until it thickens.
- Filter the jam with the help of a sieve and take out the raspberry seeds to make it even and pleasing.
Raspberry Butter cream
- 55g all-purpose flour
- 225g powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 380 g whole milk
- 350 g unsalted butter
- 4-6 tablespoon raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Method for Raspberry Butter cream
- Take a pan with a heavy bottom to avoid burning. Add flour, sugar, salt, and milk. Turn on the flame on medium-high heat and start stirring constantly with a whisker until it thickens. Once its start getting thicker, cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Once done take a food wrap over it touching the bottom to prevent skin foaming and let it cool at room temperature
- With a hand mixer, beat the butter for 5 minutes until it’s yellow in color and fluffy. Pour vanilla extract with jam and mix evenly. Combine till it’s perfectly mixed.
- With long knife level the top of the cake if required
- In the center of the plate pour some buttercream to avoid the cake from moving around
- Place one layer of cake on a plate spread the buttercream on the cake and sprinkles some berry jam on the top of it. Repeat the same step again.
- For the final layer, cover the top and sides of the cake smoothly with raspberry buttercream.
- Stack the top layer with some fresh raspberry and your cake is ready.